Our aim is to become one of the best creative production studios to work for in China.
We try to provide an environment which talents like you enjoy, so that you can give your best! China is still booming and we offer a great place to work in a creative job in Shanghai. Get to know us better and see below a couple of reasons why our talents like working at Rimagine!
As part of JPG, a global packaging design agency with headquarters in London and offices in Europe, Asia, Australia and the U.S., Rimagine is able to offer you career opportunities in photography, design, branding, prepress, packaging or print management!
Our aim is to find and keep exceptional talents, loving what they do. Check out our current job openings below!
If you like to work in a fun, creative and international environment in Shanghai, you have come to the right place. We are currently looking for an Account Manager with following responsibilities:
- Establish a bond with clients in on-going and potential projects
- Manage and be the lead contact point of global brands, creative agencies and retailer accounts
- Bridging clients’ requests and internal project teams
- Manage project schedules and ensures project deliverables are delivered on time and on budget
- Support and coordinate involvement of other team members and creative professionals such as producers, photographers, model agents, stylists, make-up artists, etc. to execute projects
- Create proposals, quotations and contracts for clients
Your job will be ~70% managing accounts / 20% meeting with new customers / 10% coordinate jobs and following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years working experience in related industries, such as advertising agencies, marketing department of consumer brands (MNC) as project management / account servicing role.
- Experience in working with creative design industry / production house such as publishing, photography & film is a plus
- Fast learner, good understanding of marketing communication and advertising, creative production practice and project lifecycles
- Excellent problem solving & interpersonal skills: able to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Able to prioritize work appropriately and attention to details
- Admirable people skills with outgoing personality
- Good presentation and communication skills (written, verbal), fluent in Chinese and good English is a must
- Proficient in MS Office, experience with any other CRM tools or systems is a plus
We are currently looking for an HR Admin / Receptionist, the role contributes to efficient day-to-day operations of Rimagine Shanghai office, and support and help the Rimagine team in every way. The ideal candidate is energetic, resourceful and cheerful, perform multiple range of duties and becomes a valuable team member of Rimagine.
- Coordinate and communicate with team in administrative-related functions:
- Property management liaison, office plants, cleaning (Ayi), office insurance etc.
- Purchase office supplies, magazine subscriptions etc.
- Arrange lunch delivery, driver reservations,
- Handle Travel arrangements: team members travel bookings and changes such as flights and hotel room
- Carefully record and track courier delivery and distribution, inform team in case of abnormal circumstances
- Office team building: organize and plan team events, annual dinner, birthday celebrations etc.
- Office regulation implementation: improvement on office administrative system and SOPs
- Organize and prioritize information. Keep secret of all confidential and sensitive data might be able to access.
- Assist executives to proceed company regulations, for example: filling forms, send announcement or notice to team.
- Collect information and generate report to GM, including internal status and external research.
- Document paperwork for new employee and exit employee
- Manage employee attendance statistics
- Execute Job ad posting, assist team to arrange interviews with candidates
- Inform accountant on employee allowance and salary payment based on attendance statistics
- Liaise with various local authorities regarding employments or any other office daily business
- Handle working visa application for overseas employees
- Answer general phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate team members
- Greet visitors to the studio in a professional and friendly manner
- Coordinate meeting such as put up welcome screens at front office,
- Inform corresponding team members upon visitors’ or packages arrival
Job Requirements, Desired Skills Experience and Attitude
- College degree or above in any discipline
- Minimum 2 years work experience in office administration functions with solid experience in SME
- Experience in multi-national / creative industry is a great advantage
- Responsible, mature, honest, enthusiastic and polite
- Excellent interpersonal and positive personality and appearance.
- Skill in establishing priorities and managing workload and be able to handle multiple tasks under time limitations and work under pressure.
- Good negotiation skills and able to manage and maintain good relationship with external vendors
- Excellent Team player, flexible and easy to work with.
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel and Chinese word processing
- Good command of spoken and written English and Mandarin. Fluent in English is a plus.
- Highly organized and always on top of things, always thinking one step ahead.
We offer a nice working environment, the ideal place to work in a creative job in Shanghai.
We are proud to count some of the world’s leading brands as our customers.
Our production team runs like a well-oiled race car engine, as our core team members are full-time.
With photo studios in Asia and the U.S., we got colleagues all over the world.
After 10 years in the biz, we have an extensive and diverse network of talents and artists.
Our mother company JPG is a global packaging design company – great career opportunities!
Our facilities are beautiful and state-of-the-art photography studios!
We organized 1,000s of photo shoots and shooting projects – benefit from the experience of your peers!
All you can drink Lavazza coffee – all day long (and night).
We offer our talents a big variety of different career paths – ranging from the creative to production to the administrative area.
If you like to work in a creative job in Shanghai, we can offer you many options. For example you could start off as a photographer’s assistant you can learn the basics of the trade and you can, for example move on to become a shooter, account manager, stylist, retoucher, artwork producer, graphic designer, and so on. Generally, you can find following positions and roles within the studio:
As a photographer at Rimagine, you shoot products, people and places – either in our studios, or on-location. Typically, our photographers are very versatile and can shoot a series of high-end furniture on Monday, a fashion shoot on Tuesday, a room set for a UK retailer on Wednesday, a professional golf pro at a country club on Thursday and an advertising visual for an ad agency on Friday. All our photographers have their own dedicated assistants to help them with lighting, equipment and preparation. Photographers also have a lot of direct contact with the client, as the client typically wants this direct communication.
If you are interested in photography, but you don’t have a lot of experience yet, you can start as a photographer’s assistant. You will get a thorough training in all areas which are important: equipment, lighting, client interaction, briefings, etc. The ‘perfect’ assistant has a patient character and a strong desire to learn.
A Producer simply put manages all aspects of a project. This typically involves hiring artists such as hair and make-up artists (HMA), set stylists, fashion stylists, food stylists, photographers, retouchers, designers or set builders, and talent, such as models, actors, extras, etc. The Producer is usually very involved in the pre-production of a photo shoot, and depending on the job, he or she steps out of the process once the job is completed and retouched. Admin work such as quotes, invoices and contracts are usually handled by the Account Manager. Senior Producers are extremely resourceful and know where to get what or who to ask.
Rimagine has a large network and is constantly looking for more seasoned and experienced interior and set stylists, hair-and-make up artists, food stylists, fashion stylists and etc. You have experience working in the field, or are interested in pursuing a career path in this area? Please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime.
If you interest lies in final artwork preparation, and you are a trained or experienced graphic technician, you might be interested in a Production Artist position at Rimagine. On a daily basis, we prepare a lot of final artworks for catalog/brochure pages or packaging line extensions. After the client approved the work, we also often get 4C proofs done to verify the color. Once the client approved the proofs, the actual printing starts where we are often on-site for the first print-runs, supervising the process and ensuring once more color accuracy.
A business developer liaises and meets existing or potential clients to consult them how to best use their budget. A business developer typically has a outgoing personality, is not afraid of approaching companies and contacts and enjoys presenting himself in front of groups of people. He or she constantly prepares quotations, discusses these internally with account managers, retouchers, producers and photographers, and externally with clients. Generally, a business developer spends about 95% with business development, and 5% producing his smaller jobs.
Junior Photographers at Rimagine, sometimes also called ‘Shooters’, have passed the assistants phase but don’t have the experience and know-how yet to be a senior photographer. On a daily basis, shooters create a lot of photographs of products for our long-term retail clients. It’s a lot of packshots, but also beauty shots and some simple room sets. The big quantity of shots ensures that shooters are always ‘shooting’ and therefore, this is the perfect training to become a photographer.
As a account manager at Rimagine, you are in constant touch with our customers and those accounts you manage. Typically, one account managers manages a couple of different accounts. Also, you will be focusing on the planning and pre-production part of the shoots. For large jobs, you work hand-in-hand with the appointed producer (see below), who deals less with our customer, and focuses more on the actual production. Account managers prep a lot of quotes, discuss those with the customers and the according teams and once the client confirmed the quotation or budget of the project, the actual planning starts. On a daily basis, account manager arrange such things as location scoutings, model castings, model or property releases, shooting permissions, and so on. Experienced account managers are in charge that the photo shoot happens in-time and within-budget.
We typically spend more time on retouching one image than on photography! A typical and simple product shot might take ten minutes to take, but may easily take multiple hours to ‘touch up’, depending on the retouching requirements and product condition. As a full-time retoucher, you work hand-in-hand with the photography and producing teams, and work on all images which are created in-studio or on-location. Besides standard touch-up work, our retouchers also do high-end creative and skin retouching, image compositions and manipulations.
Our 3D Designers design, build and create 3D scenes which we use as shooting backdrops when creating ambiance and lifestyle visuals. This relatively new division is one of Rimagine’s fastest growing areas, but a great place to start working in a creative job in Shanghai.
Graphic Designers create layouts of catalogs, brochures, packaging or other marketing material. Having a full-service photography and retouching team under the same roof, Rimagine offers a unique environment for Graphic Designers. If there is something which you can not find in our image database or on any image stock website, we can easily brief and organize an in-house shooting and arrange it ourselves! Working hand-in-hand with all other teams, you will find a creative environment with lots and lots of interesting and international people who can brainstorm with you and give you feedback before we send your designs to our clients.